Big Business Experience
Investors in People
Small Business Experience
The Albatross Group
An experienced, ambitious, growth-orientated and collaborative leader with a consistent track record of delivering strong outcomes in both executive and non-executive Board roles
Board level and broader organisational corporate governance and people management within the public, private and third sector
Communication, relationship building and influencing at all levels to deliver stronger outcomes
Constructive scrutiny, interpretation and challenge of data and information
International business experience, well-travelled and a fluent German speaker
Decisive with strong commercial acumen and a balanced, yet flexible, approach to risk
Resilience, agility and change leadership
Sales and growth orientated strategic thinking and leadership
- Accreditations / Memberships
- Companion Of The Chartered Management Institute
- Fellow Of The Institute Of Directors
- Fellow Of The Royal Society For The Encouragement Of Arts, Manufactures And Commerce
- Fellow Of The Institute Of Enterprise & Entrepreneurs
- Fellow Of The Tourism Society
- BA (Hons) European Business Administration, Middlesex Business School, London
- Diplom Betriebswirt (FH), Reutlingen, Germany
- 3 ‘A’ Levels, 8 ‘O’ Levels
- German – Fluent
- French – Intermediate
- Spanish – Basic
Key Areas of Expertise
- Founder – Growth Advisor Ltd
- Deputy Chair – Investors In People
- Commisioner – UK Commission For Employment & Skill
- Chief Executive Officer – The Albatross Group
- Managing Director – The Albatross Group
- Chair Of Trustees – Cerebra
- Chair Of Trustees – Crossroads Care Kent
As Managing Director and then CEO led the growth of The Albatross Group over 20 years, growing annual sales from £3m to over £30m whilst diversifying and strengthening its portfolio of leisure tourism businesses and delivering industry-leading levels of profitability.
Led and executed two management buyouts that facilitated the exit of the business founders.
One of 5 Board members who led the buyout of Investors in People from public ownership into an independent social enterprise whilst simultaneously undertaking a major program of product and organisational change that transformed multi-million pound annual losses into net annual surpluses.
As a UKCES Commissioner, was one of 7 members of an investment board successfully managing a combined public/private investment fund of £750m.
Successfully played a role in shaping and influencing key elements of Government policy and UK employer actions related to skills, employment and management & leadership issues through active membership of various government advisory and independent bodies.