Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
As a founding director of three innovative financial start-ups, I have led multiple start-up teams which have consistently disrupted existing consumer financial markets. This involved market redefinition and innovation in products, processes, media and technology. These innovations delivered fast business growth and high ticket acquisition offers.
I also have many years’ experience of working within large banking organisations and understand how both large and small financial businesses think and act. Secured large private and corporate start-up venture capital investments (incl. £35m at Picture and £3m at Pure Options)
Also have painful experience of fintech failure at Pure Options! Which taught me at least as much as the successes of other ventures
- 2:1 BA (Hons) Business Studies
- Diploma and current full member Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Finance and Leasing Association Diploma (Level 1)
- Market Research Society Diploma
Key Areas of Expertise
- Marketing Director Freelance
- Marketing Director Pure Options Ltd
- Consultant/Lecturer Private Equity Investment
- Chief Operating Officer Picture Financial Group
- Chief Operating Officer FirstPlus (Barclaycard)
- Marketing Director FirstPlus Financial Group Plc
- Marketing Manager Chartered Trust Plc (Now Lloyds)
Led team to create the UK’s first bank CRM platform at Standard Chartered which grew UK customer lending from £10m to £140m pa.
At Firstplus, reinvented credit consolidation from a niche sub-prime product to a mass market prime product with c.£2bn receivables and pre-tax profits of over £100m pa within 5 years of startup
Obtained acquisition offers of £365m for Firstplus and £275m for Picture both within 5 years of startup.
The first large scale UK user of Google PPC and was the first user of satellite TV channels for large scale media spending on financial product TV advertising.