Regional Director / Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor / Mentor
Big Business Experience
Mamas & Papas
Actera Group- Istanbul
Small Business Experience
Mark’s experiences of dealing with all aspects of SME regenerations and Scale-Ups have fortified his reputation as a trusted advisor who actively spearheads systematic change.
On qualifying as a Chartered Accountant Mark started and went on to sell 2 businesses before becoming MD and FD for several businesses including Mamas & Papas
He is a proven transformation leader, advising on, and steering, strategies in the right direction for growth and development of SME’s. His honest and direct approach ensures focus on the challenges facing individuals, teams, Boards, and companies, and creates positive cultures which maximises efficiency and revenue streams.
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
RYA – Day Skipper
Key areas of Expertise
Business Planning and Strategy
Project Leadership and mentoring
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Financial Planning and Control, Reporting and Control
Process Improvements and Productivity
New Business Sales Development, UK and International
Amazon Sales Strategies
Brand Launch and Development in UK and Internationally.
Operations and logistics
- Customer first with every decision we make.
- Great product and suppliers, always, no compromise.
- Understand the cash impact of everything that we do.
- Optimise margin, work smart.
- Constant productivity and efficiency improvements. Must be better tomorrow than today otherwise we are moving backwards as our competitors improve.
- Must be “can do” and shared by everyone.
- Team empowerment-take ownership and share the load. Everyone must contribute to the wider business.
- Integrity in everything we do.
- Passion for what we do.
- Always put the business interests first then optimise other partners interests in line with these.
Other Experiences Include:
- Human Resources:
- Contractual /Legal
- Retail property lease negotiations
- Supplier agreements
- Customer agreements
- Business acquisition.
- Employment contracts.
- Non- Disclosure and competition agreements.
- Contractual disputes/litigation.
- Companies Act 2006 compliance.
- Board Meetings etiquette and procedures and creating an effective Board.