Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor / Mentor
Big Business Experience
Cable & Wireless, BT
Small Business Experience
Swiftclean, Cleveland Biotech
Malcolm is an experienced and dynamic NED and consultant with over 22 years B2B line management experience working in businesses operating in the UK and internationally. He held senior positions in strategy, product management and customer management for THORN-EMI, BT and Cable & Wireless.
Since 2000 Malcolm has helped a wide range of businesses with the resolution of strategic challenges and has designed and delivered change programmes that deliver sustained improvements in revenue, brand value, customer satisfaction and employee engagement in many sectors including; IT, pharmaceuticals, defence electronics, wind energy, agri-business, telecommunications, industrial cleaning, bio-technology and private banking.
- Anglia Ruskin University – MSc Strategic Marketing Management.
- Certified NLP Practitioner, MBTI and Belbin Team Roles Administrator.
- Georgetown University, USA – Diploma in Global Business Leadership.
- Cranfield University – Strategy & Strategic Management Course.
- Thames Valley University – CIM Diploma in Marketing
- The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst – Officer Training.
- University of Stirling – BA Accountancy and Business Law.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Strategic planning
- Top team development
- Process design and development
- Key Account Management
- Enhancing customer experience
- Strategic planning – most SMEs I’ve worked with have budgeted but not planned. I take my businesses through a logical, uncomplicated process that ends with all Directors having a clear view of the future and how to get there.
- Top team development – to make the strategy work, most businesses need top team skills and behaviours adapted to the new reality and my experience as a coach and mentor has helped to achieve this for many businesses.
- Key Account Management – all customers are not equal, and the largest or most strategic customers should be dealt with differently. My expertise has helped businesses to focus on the needs of and improve relationships with key customers.
- Internationalisation – whilst technical specifications might now be better aligned, cultural differences abound, and my experiences and knowledge can help a business avoid the pitfalls that await a business internationalising for the first time.
- Enhancing customer experience – in a siloed organisation the needs of the customer can often get lost and, as an objective third party, I can be the catalyst that brings the focus back on to the customers’ experience of the organisation as a whole.