Board Advisor / Mentor
Big Business Experience
Thomson Local, Lloyds Banking Group
Small Business Experience
Kath is a skilled digital marketing strategist with extensive experience of helping B2B and B2C businesses attract, engage and convert customers across online, mobile and social channels.
Her client-centric approach is informed by measureable results with a focus on data analytics and KPIs.
Kath’s background includes owning a digital marketing agency where she developed new services, trained & mentored teams and was responsible for the development of all clients’ creative marketing campaigns. The agency grew significantly following the introduction of Pay On Results pricing which was a USP clients found particularly attractive in this industry.
With both agency side and client side experience Kath often adds value by assisting companies to appoint and manage the right agencies which maximises their return on investment.
Prior to that Kath lived in America working for global software house ASG following a successful career in higher education administration.
Her recent portfolio includes tech, construction, real estate, utilities, retail, corporate social responsibility, print, agency development and private banking.
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Exeter, 2000
- Bsc (Hons) Applied Science, University of Wolverhampton, 1991
- Google Analytics Certification, 2017
Key Areas of Expertise
- Digital strategy audits to establish strengths, weaknesses and opportunities
- Planning superior multi-channel user experiences
- Delivering digital marketing strategies that attract, engage and convert
- Evaluating and developing the digital marketing skills of internal teams
- Establishing measures of success & delivering insights through live dashboards
- Creating briefs to evaluate, recruit and manage the right agency partners
- Digital Strategy Brief written for B2B tech company to facilitate shortlisting and appointment of a specialist agency partner who can deliver high growth over the next 12 months. Continuing support for on-boarding and management of the agency to ensure the highest standards of collaborative working.
- Conducted multiple in-depth digital audits to identify opportunities to improve online sales and lead generation for a B2B client. Three months after recommendations were implemented revenue has increased 50% on the ecommerce site and a specialist inbound marketing agency has been appointed to develop the corporate site.
- Digital Marketing and Web Development Brief written for leading exhibitions company accurately translate their business needs. Identified and appointed the best agency partner.
- Digital transformation roadmap established for a direct mail and fulfilment house including new service development and acquisition opportunities.
- Digital marketing audit conducted with actionable strategic and tactical recommendations made for London based commercial real estate agent. Creative content marketing framework created for online real estate agent.
- Digital marketing strategy and tactical implementation for a social platform connecting big brands with charities and volunteers to support their CSR programs. Trained and mentored in-house staff on all aspects of technical SEO, analytics, content marketing & social media promotion.
- Charity (pro bono) – Delivering a digital marketing and communications strategy to support fundraising, attract volunteers and support members with learning disabilities.
- Grew a digital agency from 2 to 50 people and 1.8m turnover. Helped hundreds of B2B and B2C companies grow their own businesses through results-driven creative digital marketing strategies.
- Headed up Sales Administration in EMEA for global software company based in 20 countries. Developed a measures of success analytics programme to provide insights across global sales team reporting to the board.