Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor
Big Business Experience
Lloyds TSB Insurance
Small Business Experience
Flying Tiger Copenhagen, Wales & Bristol
The Sure Chill Company
After a successful marketing career in well-known corporates and regional SME’s, Kate consolidated her experience and her love for a challenge when founding the Wales and Bristol joint-venture partnership with Danish retailer, Tiger.
The business grew to 8 stores, +120 team members and +£5m turnover, before she exited in December 2018.
Kate now uses her skills to support, mentor and add value to businesses in their start-up and scale-up journey, working with leaders to focus the team on strategy, structure, process, culture and more, allowing them to build the foundations they need to grow sustainably. After all, she’s done it herself!
MSc Strategic Marketing
BA(Hons) French & Spanish
ILM Level 5 Leadership & Management
Key Areas of Expertise
- Development & Delivery of Corporate Strategy
- Business infrastructure
- Operational review
- Business process review, refinement and integration
- Budget planning and analysis
- Commercial Marketing
- Structuring for growth
Start Up-Scale Up Advisor
- Med-Tech: Led the design of business infrastructure and processes to scale the business for global growth after recent investment. Took ownership for HR, omni-channel marketing and grant projects.
- Retail, consumer goods and tech: Advising and supporting on structure, process, business management, marketing, e-commerce and sales.
Award Winning Founder & Director – Retail
- Investment and JV negotiation, negotiation of leases, delivery of store investments, development, management and delivery of commercial strategy, company processes, budgets, management accounts, forecasts and sales analysis. Ownership of financial planning and new store appraisals.
- Primary stakeholder relationship management with banks, landlords and parent company.
Omni-channel Strategic Marketing
- Various Managerial and Head of Marketing roles for brands in leisure retail, confectionery, retail, pet food, financial services, B2B and drinks.
- Commercial strategy, process and governance.
- Full marketing communications remit including brand, product, customer and trade marketing.
- Development and successful implementation of commercial marketing and communication strategies and plans for businesses with turnovers from £20,000 to £80m+ with design, management and influence of marketing budgets from £5,000 to £6m.