Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor / Mentor
Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Country Range group
Karl is an experienced, commercially focused executive board operator with a proven ability to generate incremental income whilst enhancing business capital.
After an early military career his experience has been almost exclusively in food.
Following many years holding senior sales positions within retail manufacturing his most recent role was as an influential board member of a family owned business within the foodservice distribution sector that boasted industry leading growth over the last 13 years, as well as a member of the trading board of a leading foodservice buying group of some £500m.
Post graduate diploma in ‘Leading Business’ has enabled Karl to harness many years of experience into practical skills to support start up and SME’s.
- Post Graduate Diploma ‘Leading Business’ – Gloucester University
- LEAD (Business leadership) Diploma – Quolux
Key Areas of Expertise
- Foodservice market
- Business leadership
- Strategic planning process
- Business finance: Below the line income streams, Financial controls, Commercial acumen
- Employee life cycle: Succession planning, Appraisal process
- Team building
- Product data management/compliance
An in depth understanding of the foodservice marketplace and a ‘holistic’ view of the challenges that face both manufacturers and those involved in the complete supply chain, and the equity that lies within.
As Commercial Director for a leading family owned foodservice business, c£80m turnover, Karl had with full P&L responsibility for over £6m ‘below the line income’.
Trading board member of a leading foodservice buying group, responsible for £500m of purchases.
Experience of implementation of PIM (Product Information Management) system and how in the dynamic, ever changing world of B2B, the validity of this information or data is becoming increasingly vital.
Experience of working with some leading organisations focused on food safety, traceability and transparency.
Passionate about people development and in particular developing teams to be more commercially aware, experience includes:
- Design and implementation of ‘Approval to Quote’ process.
- Modelled account profit improvement planning P&L.
- Developed Customer ‘business building terms’ process.
- Implemented period ‘Dash Board Report’ for business.
- Design and implementation of people systems/processes.
- Sales training modules implemented.