Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Future Thinking GemSeek Group
Jim focusses on and has an extensive track record in organisation transformation and turnaround to drive profitable revenue growth during complex, challenging and uncertain situations.
He utilises modern management and best practice agile/lean methodologies to drive a collaborative culture, evolves organisational delivery capabilities and delivers commercial go-to-market strategies.
Jim has over twenty years’ experience in leadership, transformation, organisation design, product development, marketing, data and tech working with boards and leadership teams to develop strategies and implement plans for creating opportunities and building businesses.
Lives in London but works with national and international clients.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Leadership, in complex, challenging or uncertain situations
- Transformation, turnaround and growth
- Strategy and vision
- Organisation restructuring
- Building collaborative working
- Customer-centric and data-driven cultures
- Go-to-market strategy to drive revenue
- Creating a commercial culture and ‘sales engine’
- Product strategy and management
- Brand development and marketing
- Agile and lean management methodologies
Jim’s experience covers an extensive range of sectors including Technology, Data, FMCG, Luxury, Healthcare, Online Marketplaces, Retail, Drinks and Spirits, Banking, Insurance, Private Equity and Venture Capital firms.
Recently he has helped:
- Lead an insights and data analytics consultancy during financial issues and covenant breach turning a £2.4m loss to profit in eight months;
- Negotiate a £2m fundraising round to support restructuring and growth;
- Create a transformative, new operating model for an iconic retailer, which after six months, resulted in a 39% (£116m) increase in online revenue;
- Deliver a 20% increase in online traffic, doubling conversation rates for a health insurer;
- Increased EV for an online marketplace giving the PE fund a 3x ROI;
- Achieved double-digit growth by creating a culture of customer-centric, data-driven and agile thinking across the entire company; and
- Pivoted an online content business to a data business, developing a strategy, go-to-market plan, product strategy and route to exit plan supporting a £3m fundraising round.
Clients include Bacardi, The Guardian, Marks and Spencer, RBS, Selfridges and smaller SME’s and Scale-ups such as Future Thinking, GemSeek, Scout24, DeinDeal, Muso.