Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Ocere, Secret Spaces
Prior to starting her own business, Denise spent over 35 years in Commercial Banking, as a Director responsible for business development, successfully coaching sales teams.
During that time, Denise felt very privileged to work with many exceptional business leaders across all business sectors. Helping entrepreneurs scale-up and grow.
She is passionate about helping really great businesses to grow, working with / in the business in a strategic role. Helping entrepreneurs and the board deal with sometimes overwhelming demands and focus on the important issues.
Denise’s values are honesty, integrity, accountability, humility and humor.
- 2015 Diploma in Lending Skills
- 2014 Certificate in Business Finance and Management
- 2011 Certificate in Credit
- 2009 Accredited in Professional Sales Management and Coaching
- 2008 Coaching skills
- 2006 RBS Certificate in Credit and Trade Finance level 1 & 2 accreditation
- 2005 Certificate in Law Firm Management
- 2005 Lexcel (Practice Management Standard) trained
- 2002 Moody’s property accredited
- 1991 Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (potential to complete a paper in Ethics to convert to equivalent of MBA)
- BTEC & O Level qualifications
Key Areas of Expertise
- Business finance and management, a financial professional with proven ability to manage risks, understand and deliver complex financial business plans, budgetary control in respect of both capital and revenue budgets and substantial experience negotiating and raising funds.
- Risk management, particularly corporate governance.
- Exceptional Leader with ability to build strong collaborative relationships.
- Influencer, an accomplished leader, a team builder.
Comprehensive knowledge of the SME sector acquired over many years in the financial services industry. Building on over 35 years’ experience in the Banking sector, a knowledgeable Corporate Banker known for successfully building long term sustainable relationships, based on excellent customer service and collaborative partnerships.
The Chamwell Centre Charity as Head of Finance alongside an excellent board of Trustees managing a £5.1m project to building a new state of the art Centre including a hydrotherapy facility adjacent to The Milestone School and Longlevens Rugby Club. Responsible for finances, governance and management of risks including selection and induction of key staff / consultants.
Most recently working with businesses looking to scale-up and grow either as Business Mentor or Board member.
Ocere Limited CEO, Tom Parling, Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2018 Gloucestershire would definitely recommend Denise to help any aspiring business Grow.
Secret Spaces Events Limited, Founder, Susan Duncombe felt Denise helped her build a scalable model.
Liha Beauty, Creative Director, Abi Oyepitan would thoroughly recommend her services to any organization or business.