Chairman / Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor
Big Business Experience
HiFi Experience PLC
Small Business Experience
Colin is different; his unique selling proposition is a combination of grey hair combined with interesting toolkit of practiced ideas based on research.
First headhunted at 18 years old to join the management team of a retail store in Edinburgh Princes St, he was then asked to become and a manger of a specialist retail business. At age 21 he was promoted to MD and turned the business and ended up I a management buy-out. He has operated at Board level within business in retail, recruitment, property, distribution and b2b arenas. He has consulted in advising Boards in: professional services, travel, photographic, online, local enterprise units and in the motor and manufacturing sectors.
He is an experienced coach and mentor and focused on establishing sales leadership within organisations.
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) a professional doctorate- thesis subject focussed on Leadership
- MSc in Quality and Business Excellence- Dissertation focussed on motivation
- Fellow of Higher Education Authority (FHEA)
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis-
Key Areas of Expertise
- SME Board development
- Strategic visioning – creating a forward plan
- Practitioner of Appreciative Enquiry – bringing people together.
- Kaisen- Continuous improvement principles.
- Transactional Analysis- Effective communication for management.
- Leadership development- leading change, talent management, sustainable, transformational and authentic leadership.
- Ethical Sales- developing sales leaders, pitching for funds, creating sales processes
- Listening- supporting effective active empathic listening.
- Motivation- MSc dissertation involved ‘improving motivation with a call centre environment’.
- Translating – i.e. socially constructing a group vision.
Board Member of PLC for 18 years (retail).
Founding Board Member of B2B business for 10 years (sold to PLC)
Business Consultant- 10 years- Board development, sales strategy and visioning- motor, travel, professional, recruitment sectors.
University Business lecturer- part-time – (8 years)
Assessor of Sales – motor industry (4 years)
Board member of retailer (30 years +)