Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire
Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Gatherer Systems Ltd
Oxford Biomed Centre
Charles is a business leader, consultant and interim manager, with extensive board-level experience gained over a successful twenty-five-year career in the Global IT Industries and in working with innovative SMEs and Start-up companies.
He works with businesses to apply lateral thinking and open new paths to growth through transformation, turnaround, scale-up strategies and the application of new technologies to improve performance and growth.
He is renowned for being highly strategic, formulating innovative routes to success including changing the way an organisation addresses the market to achieve desired outcomes.
Charles is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute CMgr FCMI
- BSc Engineering Physics
- MInstP Member of The Institute of Physics
- CMgr FCMI Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
Key areas of Expertise
- Executive Leadership & Management
- Interim Management
- Consultant and Advisory
- Business Turnaround
- Business Development Strategic Sales & Sales Management
- Business Growth Strategy
- SI, IT / Telecoms, Outsourcing
- Technology – Digital, RPA, AI
- Coaching / Mentoring
- Change Management
- Full P&L
- Programme Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Business Process Improvement
- Business leader, consultant and interim manager
- Extensive management board-level experience
- Over £1.5bn of new technology contracts
- Successful in driving growth through business innovation for ICT & SI corporates, SMEs, and Startup ventures.
- Has held MD, VP and GM postions and founded a consultancy and interim management business and worked with SMEs and Start-ups including advisory board positions
- Broad multiple sector experience including Technology, Life Sciences, Utilities, FS, Retail, Construction and UK Central Government.
- Deployed as a turn-around and conflict resolution expert
- An innovative and commercially astute operator with a strong track record in business development, and growth.
- Operates with a sharp focus on strategy, differentiation and pro-active sales and marketing through consultative selling to improve market performance.
- Has instigated and led, the production of game changing original and proactive business transformation propositions.
- Highly strategic, formulating pro-active, flexible routes to success including changing the way organizations address the market to optimum effect.
- Leverages sector knowledge and experience utilising intelligence and analytics to determine potential challenges for the target clients to enable pre-emptive engagement and influence.
- Researches the client’s or prospective client’s position relative to their competitive landscape, sector performance, regulatory challenges, threats, effects of technological paradigm shifts and economics plans and executes accordingly.
- Works with teams to produce a continually reviewed stakeholder contact and management plan and executes against it.